Too many buses

So you know the saying that men are like buses. None come along for ages, then three turn up at the same time. That's how it is with my writing at the moment.

For the first few months of the year, my writing career was extremely thin on the ground (can you hear the rustling of the scrub bushes blowing through the ghost town that was my creativity). My muse had not only gone on holiday. She'd taken a sabbatical to Outer Mongolia.

Now I find myself with not only sufficient writing assignments to fill my evenings but indeed a glut of creative activity. There is the ongoing development of my novel, Split. I've been commissioned to write a pantomime for the PTFA at my children's school. Finally, I've found two short story competitions to enter.

Am I a sucker for creative punishment? Of course! I'm just praying that procrastination doesn't set in. Fingers crossed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

My new writer website is up and running