What I'm doing this month - July

The short version

July will be a bit of a crossover month as the summer holidays start.

With two teens at home, I'll be juggling work, writing and teenage entertainment.

The long version

I've taken it on myself to take part in the July Camp NaNoWriMo. What that means, in practice, is that in an attempt to finish the final draft of my novel, I need to redraft at least 9 pages each day. So far, I've completed 80 pages out of 250. Fingers crossed I can keep this level of progress going throughout the month.

There's plenty of work on the horizon thankfully, most of it providing content for online articles. Thankfully, I can rejig my hours to work around the summer holidays.

That kind of flexibility has certainly come in handy over the last couple of weeks as the hot weather has reduced me to drowsy delirium most afternoons, prompting me to move my afternoon slot to the early evening when it's cooler.

The summer holidays kick off on 20th July, carrying away my usual routine. I foresee trips into Chester, a visit to friends in York, a tootle round Chester Zoo and somewhere during the next 6 weeks, a holiday abroad.

In the meantime, I'm desperately trying to lose weight before going away on hols but working from home as a writer doesn't exactly help. If the worst comes to the worst, I may have to invest in some long (very) and loose (equally very) tops. Wish me luck.

What are you doing in July?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

My new writer website is up and running