Tuesday Choice Words

One of the changes I have made (so far) in rewriting my novel for the 9-12 age group is to move the location of the attack on my protagonist. Originally, the attack took place in a deserted park which always felt slightly wrong. I think the problem was that I couldn't truly picture the park. In the latest draft, the attack has been moved to a derelict street where there is no apparent chance of help. I can see that street in my mind's eye. I can feel the roughness of the torn tarmac under my feet. I can hear the wind whistling through the smashed windows. It feels right.

The Other Side of the Story has an interesting article on the same topic of settings - How your setting can affect your characters - that is well worth a read. Have a look.


Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Fi. It made me think about a few things I am working on right now. Appreciate the help. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Pinning Inspiration

Keeping Christmas all year round

Many Sides of Medusa Blog Hop