It's that season again

Christmas trees are going up in people's homes (they've been up in the shops since the beginning of November). Black Friday and Cyber Monday saw a record spend by the British public. Bets are being placed on whether we'll have snow on the big day.

In the run up to Christmas, I think we all go a bit doolally in our quest for the perfect festive celebration. That isn't necessarily a bad thing but it can certainly cause as many arguments as it does rewards.

When I first started writing the 7 Ways articles, I posted one on how to survive the run up to Christmas. I think that 7 ways to keep your sanity in the festive season is still as pertinent today as it was back then. Go on, slap a snowman.

A major part of the preparations in the run up to Christmas is buying presents. Throughout the year, I make a note of all the things that my children mention they would like so I have a shopping list by the time I get to November. My husband is more difficult. This year I told him, "Tell me what you want for Christmas or I'll buy you a load of tat that you won't want". Strangely, it worked and his presents are now waiting to be wrapped. What about me - the writerly one? I'm probably the most difficult of all to buy for. If you have the same problems with a writer friend or family member, then my article 7 ways to give to your writer friends at Christmas might prove helpful. Have a look.

I'm off now to begin the present wrapping saga. I may be some time.

Comments

  1. I haven't begun wrapping yet. I have most of my presents purchased and/or on the way. I also really need to address these Christmas cards but I'm drowning in edits and don't have much time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am uncharacteristically organised this year. I'm sure you'll get there.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Christmas all year round

Pinning Inspiration

Many Sides of Medusa Blog Hop