Do you like Book Trailers?

From a reader's point of view, I love book trailers. They not only give a preview of what the book will be about but they also give an idea of how the writer wanted their book to be portrayed.

One of the many things I'm looking forward to when my first children's novel is published (traditionally or self) is making a book trailer of my own. I haven't decided yet what form the trailer should take. I could use images from the book and quotes with some accompanying music like writer Kelly Hashway. I could have actors portray events in the book like my friend Suzanna Williams did in her book trailer. I could give clues to what the book will contain with beautiful photography and questions like another friend Heather Blanchard. Animation is quite costly but a series of drawings, like in Neil Gaiman's book trailer, could work effectively with a voice over from the author. Alternatively, I could put my own face on the trailer and tell you what the book is about a'la Iain Broome. So many choices. What do you think? What kind of book trailer do you like?

Kelly Hashway explains how she uses book trailers to publicise her books on her blog here.

You can find more brilliant book trailers on the World Book Day website here.

Kelly Hashway
The Monster Within book trailer

Heather Blanchard
Dark is the Sea

Suzanna Williams

Neil Gaiman
The Graveyard Book

Iain Broome
A is for Angelica


Comments

  1. Hi Fi. This post couldn't have come at a more convenient time. I used PowToon to create my own book trailer promo video and I wonder if I should do so again. Or to hire someone to create a book trailer for me. Anyways, when it comes to trailers I like the ones that use images (animation or photos) that illustrates what the book is about. And plays music that gives the overall tone of the book as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting, Lidy. I hadn't heard of PowToon before but I shall have a look. Good luck with your next trailer.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the mention in your post, Fi! I love making trailers. They're time-consuming but a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok, Kelly. It's a great trailer.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

My new writer website is up and running