Tuesday Choice Words

I'm coming to the final chapters of the final draft of my novel and while I'm inserting some new chapters, others simply need to be further polished. This is when I take a long look at my work and say 'is that necessary?' or 'could that be done better?'. I use adverbs incredibly sparingly but sometimes they do creep in there and I have to ask myself if they work or if I can write that section differently.

Janice Hardy's Fiction University discusses this topic in the article Writing Basics: How to Use Adverbs. Have a look.



Comments

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

My new writer website is up and running

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball