a site-specific mass writing event.
What you will see when you visit Flashpoints is a series of photographs of pieces of writing left on a coffee house table, a beach and many other locations.
Flashpoints began as a run up event to National Flash Fiction Day in May of this year but rather than let it die there, it's carried on.
Simply put, you:
- decide on a location to visit,
- go there armed with pen and paper,
- find inspiration in your surroundings,
- write your flash,
- take a photo of your piece of writing in its location,
- and send the evidence to Flashpoints.
If ever I needed an excuse to get some more writing done, then I think I've found it. It's also an excellent reason to spend a little quality time at my local coffee shop. Now, where did I put that notepad?