Lucky 7 Challenge

Yesterday I was lucky enough to be tagged in the Lucky 7 Meme challenge (for writers with works in progress or finished) by My Unpublished Life. I was actually having a bit of a bad day so this cheered me up no end. 

The rules of this challenge are as follows:


1. Go to page 77 of your current manuscript/work in progress.
2. Go to line 7.
3. Copy down the next 7 lines, sentences or paragraphs, and post them as they're written.
4. Tag 7 authors.
5. Let them know.

Sounds simple enough. My current work in progress is my fantasy novel, recently retitled 'Haven Falling'. Turning to page 77 and reading from line 7, the following 7 lines of the text read,

Sat at the table with the others, eating a lunch of stew and great hunks of bread, Steve suddenly had the strangest feeling. Surrounded by the woman who had prodded and nagged him for the last few years and three complete strangers, Steve felt at home. Hartley wolfed his food, dribbling the stew juices down his beard. Eleanor carefully nibbled at a piece of bread. Blessing and Isabelle sat close together, shoulders touching. It was like any family meal time that you could imagine and it seemed right. He felt accepted and more than that, he felt that he belonged here. He had lost his home, his possessions, even his identity, and yet for the first time in he didn't know how many years, he felt relaxed and content.


Many of the authors I would have listed here have been tagged in the challenge already so I'll try to find some fresh names to mention.

1. Lydia Sharp of The Sharp Angle
2. Jacqui Murray of Jacqui Murray's WordDreams
3. womagwriter of womagwriter's blog
4. Meg Waite Clayton of 1st Books
6.  Cally of Writing about Writing
7. Caroline Rance of Strictly Writing and her own site

Comments

  1. I love this tag. Reading everyone's lines is so much fun. I think we should make this a once-a-month meme where everyone posts 7 lines from their WIP. That would be run and make for good reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Fiona, I was also tagged by Melissa at Unpublished Life and I found your blog through her. What a lovely piece of writing. I want to know more about Steve and what has happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, Kelly.

    Thanks, Jacqui.

    Hi Anita - good to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your excerpt, Fi I haven't quite reached page 77 in my work in progress, but will try it when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Jean. I look forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've loved being able to nose at peoples work with this one :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

My new writer website is up and running