The rules of this challenge are as follows:
1. Go to page 77 of your current manuscript/work in progress.
2. Go to line 7.
3. Copy down the next 7 lines, sentences or paragraphs, and post them as they're written.
4. Tag 7 authors.
5. Let them know.
Sounds simple enough. My current work in progress is my fantasy novel, recently retitled 'Haven Falling'. Turning to page 77 and reading from line 7, the following 7 lines of the text read,
Sat at the table with the others, eating a lunch of stew and great hunks of bread, Steve suddenly had the strangest feeling. Surrounded by the woman who had prodded and nagged him for the last few years and three complete strangers, Steve felt at home. Hartley wolfed his food, dribbling the stew juices down his beard. Eleanor carefully nibbled at a piece of bread. Blessing and Isabelle sat close together, shoulders touching. It was like any family meal time that you could imagine and it seemed right. He felt accepted and more than that, he felt that he belonged here. He had lost his home, his possessions, even his identity, and yet for the first time in he didn't know how many years, he felt relaxed and content.
Many of the authors I would have listed here have been tagged in the challenge already so I'll try to find some fresh names to mention.
1. Lydia Sharp of The Sharp Angle
2. Jacqui Murray of Jacqui Murray's WordDreams
3. womagwriter of womagwriter's blog
4. Meg Waite Clayton of 1st Books
5. Emma Darwin
6. Cally of Writing about Writing