Something Useful for 2015 - Exercise No. 13

It's raining today. It started raining last night and the sound of the rain on my window woke me this morning too.

Rain always makes me think. Whether I'm in the house or walking in the downpour, my thoughts turn inward, which is handy for a writer.

Your writing exercise for this month is to imagine yourself stranded indoors somewhere by the rain. Where are you? Are you alone? Does the rain make you feel sombre, refreshed or something else? Is it a choice to stay indoors or is something besides the weather keeping you there? Tell me a story.

Comments

  1. Fun! I don't like rain, but it is a great excuse to stay inside and read or write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was younger, I enjoyed rainy days. Loved to curl in with a book or later write 'til my heart's content. Now that I'm getting older, it hurts the arthritis! Oh well, but at least it still provides more writing opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Sorry about the pains, Karen but yes, lots more writing opportunities.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

My new writer website is up and running