A Different Kind of Love
For the past twelve years, it's been the same, cards and pressies and romantic meals. I'm not complaining. I love my husband dearly - he makes me chuckle and inspires me to be a better person - but there were years before that dozen when I was single and the one love that I always clung to on those days was my love of writing.
It's still there, although it now has to share me with a demanding family, but it gets its fair share of my time. I love to write for many reasons.
- Meeting new characters who come to me in the weirdest places.
- Seeing adventures in the most mundane circumstances.
- Moulding a story from the bare clay of 'what if' and 'why'.
- Signing off on a finished play and hearing a customer express how much they loved it. The fact that they see the same in it that I do is a gem of an experience.
- Being prevented from sleep by an idea that demands I write it down.
- Having the opportunity to share my stories with others.
I'm sure there are other reasons too. What about you? What do you love most about writing?