Supporting Cast

Frank has been a character in my novel since the first draft but he's not one of the main cast. He's there in the background, as the first suggestion of a world of magic, as a picker of locks, but mainly as a friendly bridge between two worlds. I've always had a soft spot for him with his gawky frame and cheeky smile but he has remained ever elusive until a couple of weeks ago when I came across a photograph of Rhys Ifans.

For those of you who don't know, Rhys Ifans is a wonderful Welsh actor seen in Dancing at Lughnasa, Little Nicky, several of the Harry Potter films and more recently, The Amazing Spider-Man, to name but a few.

With Ifans' voice in my ear, Frank comes to life. The playwright in me loves a lyrical accent and Frank's dialogue now reflects those Welsh tones.

I have plenty of work for him to do and now I can envisage him clearly.

Dancing at Lughnasa
Little Nicky
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The Amazing Spider-Man

Comments

  1. Was he also in The Replacements? He looks like the Welsh kicker in that movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was, Kelly - Nigel 'The Leg' Gruff. Well spotted.

      Delete
  2. It is important to put a face to our characters. It helps us create a more complete character. Frank sounds interesting. I have those minor characters that I love, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Christmas all year round

Pinning Inspiration

Many Sides of Medusa Blog Hop