The Sound of Inspiration

Have I told you that I like to write to the sound of, well, silence? I also like to be alone which is why most of my writing is done while my children are at school. This means that the summer holidays can play hell with my writing routine and my sleep allowance because during those six weeks, I snatch evening hours to write. Without those times of silence in the morning and early afternoon, my brain finds it difficult to centre itself to the place I need to be to write.

However before the sumptuous silence sets in, I like to get my creative juices flowing by playing one or two favourite songs. Here is my inspirational playlist this summer.

Earthquake by Labrinth

Tron Legacy by Daft Punk

True Colours by Cyndi Lauper

Here comes the rain by Eurthymics

David Guetta Without You ft. Usher

David Guetta and Kelly Rowland - When Love Takes Over

Inspired by Suz Williams

Comments

  1. I'm the same way. I need silence when I write but I like to listen to music before I write. :) I'm having trouble finding writing time this summer too. My husband and daughter are home. I've been revising my own work and editing for clients mostly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's difficult, isn't it? Thankfully my husband has a project that's keeping him busy on an evening so I can write relatively uninterrupted.

      Delete
  2. Fi I don't know how I've lost track of you and your blog but I just saw your comment at Kelly's blog and had to say hello. I love music when I'm doing chores or soft music when I'm dining but for thinking I need SILENCE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Silence lets me hear my characters' voices but music greases my creative cogs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

My new writer website is up and running