Happy Birthday Charles Dickens








Comments

  1. Great quotes. I took a college course as an undergrad where we read nothing but Dickens's work. I love the books, and hated how quickly we had to read them. Um, Bleak House is insanely long and we read it in less than a week. Still, Dickens is a master. Happy birthday, Mr. Dickens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! I love Dickens, and read many, many of his books in high school (on my own, not for school). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post.

    I also had to read Bleak House as part of my course in Uni. It was so long, and there was a lot of pressure to get it done, fast.

    But, his characterisation has always been absolutely fantastic. His description of industrial age Britain is so detailed.

    Happy Birthday:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was Bleak House the one with the Grimes family? My favourite Dickens novels are Great Expectations and A Tale of Two Cities (which I'm re-reading at the moment).

    Thanks for all the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, a post on Dickens! I read few of his, and the least prolific 'Barnaby Rudge' is my favourite. Little Dorrit required some warming-up to, but it's good, too.

    Claudine
    http://www.carryusoffbooks.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Great Expectations! I haven't read Tale of Two Cities, not yet anyways.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

My new writer website is up and running