Happy Birthday Charles Dickens








Comments

  1. Great quotes. I took a college course as an undergrad where we read nothing but Dickens's work. I love the books, and hated how quickly we had to read them. Um, Bleak House is insanely long and we read it in less than a week. Still, Dickens is a master. Happy birthday, Mr. Dickens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! I love Dickens, and read many, many of his books in high school (on my own, not for school). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post.

    I also had to read Bleak House as part of my course in Uni. It was so long, and there was a lot of pressure to get it done, fast.

    But, his characterisation has always been absolutely fantastic. His description of industrial age Britain is so detailed.

    Happy Birthday:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was Bleak House the one with the Grimes family? My favourite Dickens novels are Great Expectations and A Tale of Two Cities (which I'm re-reading at the moment).

    Thanks for all the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, a post on Dickens! I read few of his, and the least prolific 'Barnaby Rudge' is my favourite. Little Dorrit required some warming-up to, but it's good, too.

    Claudine
    http://www.carryusoffbooks.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Great Expectations! I haven't read Tale of Two Cities, not yet anyways.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Christmas all year round

Pinning Inspiration

Many Sides of Medusa Blog Hop