Versatile Blogger Award
Over the weekend I was delighted to discover that Dawn Brazil of Dawn Brazil's Brilliant Babbles about Books blog had awarded me The Versatile Blogger award. As somebody who juggles her life between motherhood, business and a wee touch of leisure (plus there's a husband somewhere in that mix), it's great to hear that other bloggers see me as versatile too.
So to follow the rules of this award, I have to mention, thank and link to the award giver which I think I've done now. I also have to tell you seven things about myself. Here goes.
- I was originally supposed to be born on Christmas Day but I kept my parents hanging about a few days longer. Well, they say that the good things in life are worth waiting for.
- When I was seven years old, I stood at the top of my road and thought 'This is the most mature I will ever be'. I still hold with that opinion.
- I like change. By this, I don't mean that I want to continually be moving house or changing relationships. The kind of change I mean is the need to be always learning and developing. The downside to this 'like' is that I'm not very good with routine and repetition. I can now see why my initial career in an office environment didn't work out and the number of jobs I had (and left) is in double figures.
- People talk to me. More than that, they tell me their life stories. As a writer, this can be fascinating. As someone trying to get their shopping done on a rainy day, it can be rather distracting.
- If I don't manage any creative activity in a twenty four hour period, I get grumpy. I don't mean to but that seven year old me that I mentioned above kicks in. Creativity is my life blood, even if it's only building lego houses with my son.
- In addition to change, I like diversity. Ok, I like the dance troupe Diversity but that's not what I'm talking about in this instance. I like to mix and match my life, be that my wardrobe, my reading material or my friends.
- I am thankful for my life. It hasn't always been easy but then very few people have an easy life. And anyway, how boring would it be to face no challenges in life and always get what you want? I like my rollercoaster. It keeps me breathing.
- A Writer's Reality
- Anglers Rest
- Bonjour Cupcake
- Challenging the Gnome
- Retro Chick
- The Scribblers Cove
I'm now going to visit all of these blogs and let them know I think they're versatile. They're well worth a visit so why don't you drop in on them too.