Fashion Targets Breast Cancer

I'm not the most fashionable or even stylish of people. What I wear tends to be decided by practicality, time and money available. I stand in awe of the mums at the school gates who are pefectly turned out in co-ordinated outfits (whereas I can't find two matching socks) and nails manicured to within an inch of their life. Celebrities and models in the latest trends may be a inspiration but they also seem slightly alien to my lifestyle. When the fashion industry takes on such an important issue as breast cancer awareness though, the world of Twiggy and Naomi Campbell becomes a little closer to my own.

Fashion Targets Breast Cancer was started by Ralph Lauren when he lost a close friend to the disease back in 1994. Later launched in the UK in 1996 by Breakthrough Breast Cancer, FTBC seeks to raise awareness and funding for breast cancer charities around the world.

There are various ways you can help from 'liking' the Facebook page of Bottle Green (who will turn your 'like' into a 25p donation from their own pocket), to blogging about FTBC, holding a fundraising party or simply by donating some money through the FTBC site itself.

Why not get involved?

FTBC on the web:

Website
Facebook Page
On Twitter
YouTube
Flickr

Comments

  1. Hi, Fi. I've given you the "Versatile Blogger" award. Please stop by my blog to pick it up.
    Great Post! We all should get involved.
    http://dawnbrazil.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

My new writer website is up and running