Season of Bounty

Yesterday I wrote about my affection for the month of September but  autumn in general is a favourite time of the year for me. Like the harvest from the fields, orchards and hedgerows, this season always feels like a time of reward and fruition. As I mentioned yesterday, autumn brought to me my daughter and my husband. This was also when I got married.

In her '52 Qualities of Prosperous Writers' newsletter, Christina Katz wrote this week about being 'bountiful'. She writes,

Bountiful implies that your cup is already overflowing so you simply tip your abundance into the hands of others. No sainthood required!

One thing I'm always thankful for is the abundance of ways in which I can apply my writing. There's this blog of course, the plays I write for Murdering The Text and the ideas I have for novels too. More recently, my writing 'cup' has overflowed and with the help of my husband (who is also my writing partner), we've taken the scenario and cast of one of our plays to create a sitcom. Sharing our creative natures, we've found a quirky voice that perfectly reflects our relationship.

Something that has come to light over the summer holidays is that my enthusiasm for writing has overflowed into my daughter. She has always been an avid reader and very imaginative. Now, one of her favourite pastimes is to write stories and illustrate them. To say I'm a proud parent is one of the most immense understatemants that I've heard this year.

Comments

  1. :-) Being a proud mama of a creative child is incredible, isn't it? Grateful I found your words today - -

    My Bountiful Writing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

My new writer website is up and running