Penguin Books

I love hardback books. There's something wonderfully substantial and luxurious about them. The sight of a full shelf of hardback spines is something that makes me smile. Lugging a bag of hardbacks on holiday can be a problem though, especially if you're travelling light.

For holiday reading, I buy a selection of paperbacks. They're easier to pack in my suitcase for the journey and carry around in a beach bag once I arrive.

Seventy five years ago, Penguin Books first came up with the idea of producing quality paperback books at a low cost (back then 6d or about two and a half pence nowadays). In fact the first of those Penguin paperbacks was published on 30 July 1935.

Thank you, Penguin Books. You not only started a paperback revolution and supplied countless holiday makers with lightweight reading material, but you also allowed me to fit even more titles onto my bookshelves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

My new writer website is up and running