Who are you writing for?

This was a question posed recently by Christina Katz in her January issue of The Prosperous Writer newsletter. For those of you who haven't heard of this lovely, talented lady, she is the author of Get Known Before The Book Deal, Use Your Personal Strengths To Grow An Author Platform, and Writer Mama. She is a prolific writer of articles for regional, national and online publications, and uses her professional writing experience to 'help writers get on track and get published'.

Christina explained her question further as 'who do you dedicate all your hard work to?'.

As writers, we're often asked 'why' do we write but to ask whom we write for is an interesting slant on the root of our writing. It's equally as revealing as the why but for me much more thought provoking.

At school, I suppose I wrote for my English teachers. For my business, Murdering The Text, I write for my clients - amateur theatre groups, schools and general fundraisers. However, when I think of my other writing, my none murder mystery plays and my novels, I come to the conclusion that I write for myself.

This year I dedicate my writing to the published writer I hope to become. How about you?

Comments

  1. Morning, Fi. Thanks for answering this week's question. And thanks for your kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

My new writer website is up and running