Somebody Loves Me

Well, kind of. Today I received a joint award from the lovely Lisa W Rosenberg. The blogosphere can seem so vast and unfathomable sometimes that it's always good to find out that your voice is being heard (and your blog read). Thank you, Lisa. These are my awards:



Lisa writes about body image and identity on her blog so please do visit her site.

The rules for both awards are similar:
  1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
  2. Share 7 random things about yourself.
  3. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers for the Versatile Blogger and 7 for the Beautiful Blogger award.
  4. Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
  5. Include the award images in your blog post.
As I've received the Versatile Blogger award before (although I'm always happy to have someone new award it to me again), I'll just follow the rules for the Beautiful Blogger award this time round.

7 Random Things About Me
  1. My middle name is the same as my mother's middle name. It's also the same as my daughter's. I don't know how it turned into a mini family tradition. It just did. I wonder whether my daughter will continue it if she has a daughter. Our middle name is Jean.
  2. I like a vast range of artists but my favourites are Salvador Dali and Canaletto.
  3. I've recently given up on alcohol because even one drink causes me to have a bad stomach and it looks like caffeine is the next on the get-rid list as it has started to affect my energy levels. There go my dreams of red wine weekends and daily lattes. 
  4. I sometimes forget how old/young I am. Inside I feel around the thirty mark. It can be quite a shock to see photos of school friends (especially the balding male ones) or watch actors of my age on TV or in films and realise that time is passing.
  5. Maybe it's because I've travelled around a lot, especially over the last ten years, but I have developed a group of incredibly diverse and multi-talented friends. There are actors, writers, publishing peeps, fellow mums, teachers and so many more career and life identities in the mix. What a wonderful world I live in.
  6. Having looked into my family history, it has become clear that where one side of my family (my mother's) lived in the same area for hundreds of years, the other side (my father's) have always travelled. I'd like to learn why that difference existed. That's the next genealogy question to answer.
  7. The older I get, the greener my hazel eyes become.
Now it's time to pass on the Beautiful award to seven other bloggers. I enjoy visiting all of their sites. I hope you will too.

My 7 Beautiful Blog nominees
  1. Annette Gendler 
  2. Beautifully Imperfect
  3. Conversations with a Cardinal
  4. Deborah Lawrenson
  5. My Small Stones
  6. Out on a Limb
  7. The Blooming Late Journal

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your awards!

    I find genealogy so interesting! My uncle is doing something similar and apparently we come from a long line of bastards ... oh well. No royalty in my blood:)

    http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely surprise - thank you very much, Fi! I was wondering what I was going to blog about today...I'll get something posted soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for thinking of me, Fi. I'm truly honored!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats ont he award! And it is rather funny how our minds tell us were not as old as we may look or feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for nominating me - now I'll have to see if I can live up to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

My new writer website is up and running