2019 - looking ahead

First off,
Happy New Year!

The first almost three weeks of 2019 have sped by at a rate of unforeseen, well, speediness.

The holiday season, besides a chance to spend lots of time with my family, was very much a period of thoughtfulness and reflection.

The image for this blog post is incredibly pertinent because, after all of that thoughtfulness, mince pies, and reflection, I've decided that 2019 will be a fresh start for my writing.

Haven Wakes, and its following novel Haven Journeys are, if not shelved, put on hold for the time being. I've polished and pushed the first novel as far as I'm able for the time being and I don't want to further develop the following novel until I'm sure what is happening with Haven Wakes.

So where does that leave me as a writer?

My content and copy writing business still continues successfully and the plan for 2019 is to increase my customer base and the variety of work. 

However, the dream is still to be a novelist. It always has been, ever since I was a child. I feel I've probably spent too long on Haven Wakes though, so this year I'll start on a new novel, this time for an adult audience but still in the fantasy genre.

The benefit of developing Haven Wakes as far as I have is that in doing so I created an entire world, with its history, and species, and laws, and so much more. That is the world I'll be basing my new novel in.

The new novel will be my focus in 2019, and because I want to give it as much time as possible and  don't want to dilute the idea by discussing it, I'm putting this blog on hold for now. 

So, I want to wish you all the very best for 2019. May it bring you strength, love and what you need from it.

Bye for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

My new writer website is up and running

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball