What I'm doing this month - January

It was back to work for me today and I have to say that 2018 feels very different to 2017. Maybe, it's the 'new year vibe' with all its associated intentions and resolutions or perhaps it's starting the new year in a new home. Whatever it is, I feel motivated and raring to go.

January, never mind 2018, is a very different world to the one I lived in a month ago.

I've joined a new Facebook group for creatives which encourages its members to assign a word to 2018. My word is 'growth'.

So what am I up to in January? My main focus will be setting up my copywriting business.

Although I started down the freelance copywriting path in 2017, this year I want to solidify that path with an actual named business. I also want to set up my business in the right way this time round, not just flitting around the issue and missing critical areas that tripped me up further down the line when I was setting up Murdering The Text. There's legal steps to take, a website to build and plenty of networking to do. Am I allowed to be a little bit scared, as well as excited?

Like most writers, new ideas have a habit of distracting me, so although I came up with a fresh storyline for a murder mystery play for Murdering The Text over the holidays, I've decided to file that away until my copywriting business is up and running.

I've made headway with my novel over the festive break and I'll be fitting that in where I can.

All in all, January feels like a gift of a month, all ready to be unwrapped.

Comments

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

A Writerly Advent Calendar - Window No. 13