What Hallowe'en?

Hallowe’en is a bit of a non starter for me this year. The whole family are working on the new house we’ve bought (but not yet moved into), decorating our teens’ bedrooms in readiness for when new carpets arrive tomorrow.

We’ve spent the last few days steaming, scraping and generally manhandling woodchip off the walls. Each morning we’ve woken up stiff and tired from our evening stints, so by tonight, all we’ll be any good for is watching a scary movie on TV, phoning for a takeaway meal, and staggering to the door to hand over sweets to the trick or treating kiddies.

This time last year, I wrote about what Hallowe’en means to me in A Hallowe’en Dilemma. All of that still holds true.

Hallowe’en will always be a special day to me, and before I drag myself off to bed (I’m beginning to sound more and more like a zombie as I write), I’ll spare a thought for my loved ones who are no longer with us.


Wherever you spend it, and whatever you do, have a wonderful Hallowe’en. 


Comments

  1. We had a great Halloween, Fi. More than 200 trick or treaters. (We do a lot of decorating and go all out--very fun!) Good luck with you new home projects. Sounds like you're doing a ton of work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, 200! We'd run out of sweets. Sounds brilliant though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

A Writerly Advent Calendar - Window No. 13