Photo Inspiration for October


On the way back to the car after a family walk, I came across this signpost and it struck me how the name of the street, 'Paradise' didn't really match with firstly, the condition of the signpost and secondly, its location in an area of city terrace houses.

Even though I'm not a Christian, for me the idea of Paradise still links to the original, biblical idea (ideal?) of a beautiful garden, not a built-up row of red brick dwellings with tiny amounts of outside space. How could this be Paradise?

Perhaps, the mistake is in my thinking. Perhaps, each of us has a different idea of Paradise:

  • a break from the children and some adult conversation,
  • freshly laid, untouched snow,
  • or the buzz of the city.

Where could you find an unexpected Paradise?

Comments

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

My new writer website is up and running