And we're off!

NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) begins today. I mentioned this in October and ever since then I have been putting together a chapter plan for a quirky, dimension travelling, fantasy novel. Then three days before the month began, I changed my mind about which novel to write and started all over again with a different story idea. Am I mad? Probably but then I think, to an extent, most NaNoWriMers are a little mad. Why else would we throw ourself into the lion's pit, battling through a monthly wordage of 50,000? That's 1,667 words per day.

I started as I always do in my NaNoWriMo onslaught (this will be my fourth year) with blind enthusiasm and a childlike rush of excitement. With my chapter plan (well, what I could manage to put together in three days - fourteen chapters) beside me, I managed to achieve 2,467 words today.

I'm quite impressed with such a good start but the challenge will be to keep the momentum going. Wish me luck.

Comments

  1. Found you on SheWrites, and I'm glad I did. Hopefully your first day was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you! I did 2446 in one day too. What a rush, isn't it?! I agree, my challenge is keeping up this word count and finishing completely to include thte editing process.

    Happy Noveling!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Pinning Inspiration

Keeping Christmas all year round

Many Sides of Medusa Blog Hop