And we're off!

NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) begins today. I mentioned this in October and ever since then I have been putting together a chapter plan for a quirky, dimension travelling, fantasy novel. Then three days before the month began, I changed my mind about which novel to write and started all over again with a different story idea. Am I mad? Probably but then I think, to an extent, most NaNoWriMers are a little mad. Why else would we throw ourself into the lion's pit, battling through a monthly wordage of 50,000? That's 1,667 words per day.

I started as I always do in my NaNoWriMo onslaught (this will be my fourth year) with blind enthusiasm and a childlike rush of excitement. With my chapter plan (well, what I could manage to put together in three days - fourteen chapters) beside me, I managed to achieve 2,467 words today.

I'm quite impressed with such a good start but the challenge will be to keep the momentum going. Wish me luck.

Comments

  1. Found you on SheWrites, and I'm glad I did. Hopefully your first day was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you! I did 2446 in one day too. What a rush, isn't it?! I agree, my challenge is keeping up this word count and finishing completely to include thte editing process.

    Happy Noveling!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

My new writer website is up and running