What I'm Doing This Month - June


Summer arrives this month in the UK, with its warmer days (mostly and not necessarily without rain), vibrant colours and the chance to unwrap from winter woollies (or is that just me?). As a mum, this season is dominated by the summer break and amusing my children. What new adventures and fresh horizons will the long break from school bring this year?

For the last couple of months, my life has felt chaotic with new interests and the latest addition to our family, puppy Bailey devouring a large slice of my time. Now she's settled in and I've got my head around the additional activities in my life, it's time to reorganise.

Catching Up

I've let a lot slide over the past few weeks so June and the summer will be all about catching up with the tasks that I've pushed to the back of my mind and only touched on recently.

Along with the housework and my health regime, I desperately need to carve out a daily niche for my writing. I managed last month's writing target (one page a day) but even that was snatched and chaotic. I need to find at least an hour a day to write, just write, without interruption.

Learning

A few weeks ago, I joined the local amateur dramatic society with my daughter, towards the end of their rehearsals for a musical revue in July. I haven't sung this much in a long time (well, not in tune anyway) so I'm going through a rather steep curve of learning twelve songs and how to breathe properly during singing. There's a great energy in the group when we're all belting out a song together. I may well lose my voice by the end of it all but it's great fun.

Getting Ready

The last half term of school before the summer break is always manic with performances and trips. So along with juggling all of that, I'm getting ready for our holiday this month (ironing and packing mainly) and the summer break itself. With a dog in tow, our usual summer trips out will have to be rejigged so we can take her along. I foresee much walking in parks and at beaches.

Getting Healthy

Any kind of healthy eating regime has disappeared as I've juggled life recently. I've concentrated on feeding the rest of the family but forgotten my own needs (cutting out sugar and most carbs). As a result, I feel sluggish, fat and grouchy. This month, I'll return to paying attention to what I eat by putting together a meal plan for us all. The puppy has put paid to exercising in the house but thankfully, taking her for a walk twice a day is just as good. This is probably going to be my biggest challenge of the month. Wish me luck.

Reorganise

My old schedule (writing, home business, housework, exercise) just doesn't suit anymore so I'll be reorganising it and getting creative with my time. Putting together a schedule is never a problem but keeping to it is another story. More luck needed here.

So that's my month. What are you getting up to in June?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking location inspiration from real life

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball

A Writerly Advent Calendar - Window No. 13