Tuesday Choice Words

What did you want to be when you grew up? By the time I was seven years old, I knew I wanted to be a writer. Other jobs appealed to me from time to time - veterinary assistant, actor, teacher - but I always returned to my love of writing. I don't know exactly what it is about me that made me into a writer - imagination, persistence, certain life events - but those things have certainly added to the mix that is me.

Elizabeth Berg's article What It Takes to Be a Writer on Medium explains her thoughts on this topic. Have a look.


Comments

  1. Sometimes I forget Berg's adage to "Admit joy." Thanks for reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was little, I wanted to be a writer. And I am. :)

    I don't think I've read a thousand books, but I'm getting there. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Thank you for your interest.

Popular posts from this blog

Who will be the next monster?

Camping out in April (again)

She Writes B&W Blogger Ball